It’s no secret that I love my Spiralizer. For some reason, I like certain vegetables when they are Spiralized, and only then. I could eat a giant bowl of Spiralized zucchini, but if you cut zucchini into chunks and roast it, it makes me want to puke. It’s slimy texture…blegh. The two main vegetables I’ve been Spiralizing are zucchini and sweet potato; I need to venture off and try more of a variety soon!
I just said the word Spiralize way too many times.
Something else I’m obsessed with? Kale. YEAH I KNOW, I’m a little late. Okay, a lot late. But, truth be told, I used to hate kale. I thought it was bitter and I hated its consistency. For some reason, that’s changed. This happens to me a lot. I used to HATE tomatoes, now I love them. I used to LOVE asparagus, now I can’t stand its taste. Kale is, in my opinion, so much more flavorful than spinach. It’s such an easy way for me to get my greens in. All I do is chop up some garlic, add some extra virgin olive oil to a pan, and saute the kale until it’s wilted.
This recipe was super easy, and definitely a great meal to make on a Sunday to prepare for the week ahead.
Kale and sun dried tomatoes pack a lot of flavor into this healthy, zucchini noodle dish. Enjoy with ground turkey, or get creative and make meatballs!
- 2 zucchini, spiralized
- 1 package lean ground turkey
- 2 cups kale, ribs removed
- 3 basil leaves
- 3/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup walnuts
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/4 cup sun dried tomatoes
- Heat two large saute pans to medium and add a tbsp of extra virgin olive oil to each one.
- Add the ground turkey to one pan and break up with a wooden spoon. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Before adding zoodles to the other pan, you may want to use kitchen shears to cut the zucchini a bit.
- Add zoodles to the second pan. Sprinkle with slat and pepper. Use tongs to mix well.
- While turkey and zoodles are cooking, prepare the pesto.
- In a food processor, add the pesto ingredients and grind until desired "pesto" texture is reached.
- Make sure not to overcook the zoodles; cook for just about 5-7 minutes!
- When turkey is cooked through, serve zoodles and top with turkey and pesto.
- Garnish with fresh basil leaves.
What’s your favorite way to eat a Spiralized vegetable?
If you could eat only one salad green for the rest of your life, what would it be?