These chocolatey, crunchy, chewy and sweet Oven-Baked Nutella S’Mores are just as good, if not better, than the traditional campfire favorite. Gather around the oven with your loved ones and enjoy this modern twist on a classic dessert.
I don’t think I have had s’mores since I was a brownie. Yes, I was a Girl Scout… #represent. And, when I lived in Memphis, we went camping at one point. I remember we brought our sleeping bags, despite us all sleeping in a cabin. Which, looking back, is hilarious. Oh, and one more thing I remember is they made us clean the bathrooms. Which, looking back, is slightly cruel and, yes, hilarious.
If anyone asks where I drew inspiration for this dessert, the answer is I have absolutely no idea. It just came to me because of the temperature drops this weekend in Florida. Despite the fact that I have no access to a bonfire and our fireplace is broken (and is covered by a glass window). So, improvisation was necessary. Shout out to my oven. So clutch.
I was a little afraid at how this would come out: would it be too messy? Would the layers stick? The answers to these questions, respectively: slightly, and yes. The messiness comes with s’mores territory, and I think we can all expect that when it comes to s’mores. I thought about making these into bars, but I saw recipes all over the internet, and felt like being different. Plus, this is only 4 ingredients and ridonkulously easy. That’s how I like it.
These s’mores resemble lasagna in that there are layers. This makes for a wonderful combination of textures and flavors: s’mores on steroids.
- 1 box graham crackers
- 1/2 cup Nutella
- 2 large chocolate bars
- 2 handfuls mini marshmallows
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees and line an 8x8 baking pan with parchment paper. I cut one sheet of parchment paper in half and laid them atop each other in two directions in the pan.
- Lay the first layer of graham crackers in the pan.
- Place both chocolate bars vertically on top of the crackers.
- Add the second layer of crackers.
- Using a spoon, place a dollop of Nutella on each quadrant of the crackers. Grab a butter knife and carefully and delicately spread the Nutella across the layer.
- Add a third layer of crackers.
- Sprinkle the marshmallows on top of the final layer, making sure to cover the top.
- Place in the oven for about ten minutes, or until the chocolate bars have melted.
- Turn your broiler to high.
- Place back in the oven and broil for about 5 minutes. Keep an eye on it to make sure the marshmallows don't burn!
Join the conversation!
When was the last time you had s’mores?
Were you in Girl/Boy Scouts when you were younger?
If you liked this recipe, be sure to pin it for later!