These Peanut Butter Vanilla Protein Bars are so easy and ridiculously delicious – you’ll think you’re eating dessert for your post-workout refuel!
I am such a routine-oriented person. Like, maybe to a fault. However, in this instance, no fault here, because I’m a routine snacker. And ain’t nothing wrong with snacks.
When I was in college, I had pretty much the same lunches/snacks everyday, and they always made their way into my mouth about every two hours. Seriously… I swear my stomach has an alarm clock.
Some days I was on campus all day, so you better believe I had a bag full of food, and that bag almost always contained a Quest bar. At the time, I wasn’t able to consume gluten (I’d stopped consuming it for a year due to digestive issues), and the Quest bars were the only protein bars back then that were gluten-free.
However, they were taking a hit to my wallet, so I ended up just making my own! And voila – these bad boys were born.
Today I’m doing my first recipe revamp here on TBB – this recipe is originally from October 2013 *woah*… check out one of the original images below:
Old photos, good recipe. I barely changed anything, and they were just as good as I remember! But let’s just say my recipe writing has gotten a tad bit better (aka a lot).
Nowadays, my snack game is still strong. As in, I borderline fear that a famine might break out while I’m traveling, so I bring a carry on bag while I travel filled entirely with snacks.
[Tweet “Peanut Butter Vanilla Protein Bars (Quest bar copycat!)”]
Peanut Butter Vanilla Protein Bars
- 1/2 cup all natural nut butter (I used peanut butter. Use what you have.)
- 1/2 cup oat flour
- 1/2 cup honey
- 2 scoops of vanilla protein powder
- 2 sheets of wax or parchment paper
- Add all ingredients into a large mixing bowl.
- Stir ingredients together with a spoon until well-combined and a dough forms. You might need to use your hands to make sure it’s all combined.
- Put dough on top of wax/parchment paper and use hands to flatten out.
- Using a knife, cut out eight bars.
- Using your other piece of wax/parchment paper, cut out eight pieces similar to the shape of the bars.
- Place each bar atop a matching paper and place in a large Tupperware. Place in the refrigerator for about an hour
[Tweet “How to make your own Quest bars”]