This Tropical Spinach Salad with Roasted Salmon is the definition of flavorful. The tangy and sweet flavors of the fruit mixed with creamy avocado, salty, roasted salmon, and a light citrus burst from organicgirl Lemon Agave salad dressing.
This post was sponsored by organicgirl. As always, the recipe, photos, and opinions are my own. Thank you for your continued support.
Something I have thoroughly enjoyed during my “blogging career” is the local connections I have made in my city. Namely, working with a local blog group.
This month, we are connecting with organicgirl in an awesome campaign titled ‘#GetUrGreenOn’. I am always down for a promotion about healthy eating! And you can’t go wrong with organicgirl good clean greens – they’ve been my favorite for a while.
Through my partnership with organicgirl, I am giving you the chance to win an assortment of organicgirl greens and dressings, so you can make your own green masterpiece!
Quick tip when using this dressing: a little goes a long way, especially for this salad. This salad has so much flavor, that you want to make sure not to douse it with this dressing. It’s a strong flavor of citrus and sweet – just a tad and you’re good to go (that will the bottle will last you longer, too!)
- 1 fillet of salmon
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- ½ tsp black pepper
- 1 cup frozen shelled edamame, thawed
- 1 cup cubed papaya
- 1 cup cubed mango
- ½ avocado, sliced
- 4 cups organicgirl spinach
- 1 handful fresh cilantro
- ½ cup organicgirl lemon agave dressing
- Pre-heat the oven (or toaster oven) to 400 degrees. Season the salmon fillet with salt and pepper, and drizzle with extra virgin olive oil. Place on a foil-lined baking pan.
- Place salmon in the oven and set the timer to 12-15 minutes.
- Place spinach in two bowls.
- Top each with mango, papaya, avocado, and edamame.
- When salmon is finished, let sit for about five minutes.
- Cut the fillet in half (without the skin). Use a fork to flake the salmon, adding one half to each bowl.
- Top with the salad dressing and fresh cilantro.
Join the conversation:
Are you a fruit-in-salad person, or do you only go for veggies?
What are your favorite greens to use in salads?
If you liked this recipe, hover over the image and click ‘pin it’ to save for later!
Other organicgirl recipes you might love: