These Inside-Out Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Cups are a fun way to enjoy a traditional treat. Switch up the usual peanut butter combo for a tasty cookie dough and chocolate pairing.
Hi, friends! Can you believe today is the last day of August LOL HOLY SH*T ME EITHER. These Inside-Out Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Cups (which don’t require an oven) are my last attempt at enjoying Summer. On the last day of August. 22 days before Fall starts. Or, maybe it’s just me getting a head start on my sweater body. You’ll never know.
Funny enough, as a kid I HATED Reese’s peanut butter cups. I’m talking full-on nausea if they got near my tastebuds. Is there anything more ironic on this planet? A kid who would secretly devour peanut butter by the finger-full, hated the combination of chocolate and peanut butter. With peanut butter cups, in particular, it was a combination of the texture and flavor that made me run for the hills.
Now, hand ’em over. I’m down with the peanut butter cups, yo.
I decided to do a little play on the age-old favorite. Instead of a peanut butter filling, these puppies are full of a *vegan* cookie dough! That’s right, ya girl went vegan. Just kidding, but I love making vegan cookie dough and they went perfectly with this idea I had!
Fun fact, I started out making these just chocolate cups filled with cookie dough. Then, a lightbulb went off. WHAT IF I SWITCH THEM. I’m not going to say I’m a genius but I’m also not not going to say I am a genius.
These were brother-in-law, boyfriend, and father-approved. That’s right, the men in the family were down with the vegan Inside-Out Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Cups. That’s my barometer for a big fat W.
Now, since it’s the day before September, shall we talk Fall goals? I’m not talking business goals, you don’t care about that. I’m talking LIFE GOALS for the Autumn season. I know Fall isn’t until September 22, but it’s like your birthday amiright? Ya celebrate all month long (or in this case, you start celebrating the second September arrives). Let’s see…
- Attend at least one Gator football game
- Carve a decent pumpkin (I tried to carve Olaf into a pumpkin last year and it was horrific)
- Dress up for Halloween
- Bake a from-scratch pie
- Go to New York City (random, just go with it)
- Halloween Horror Nights
I’d love to hear your Fall “life goals” in the comments below!
[Tweet “HOLY YUM. Inside-Out Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Cups!!”]
- 6 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips + 1/2 cup for cookie dough
- 6 tsp coconut oil
- 15 oz canned chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Line a muffin tin with muffin cups. Spray a bit of oil spray in each.
- In a food processor, add the chickpeas and process until no chunks are present.
- Add in peanut butter, brown sugar, and vanilla extract. Process until a dough forms (turns into a ball).
- Remove from the processor and place into a ball. Fold in chocolate chips.
- Place chocolate and coconut oil in a large bowl. Place in the microwave for :30 increments until full melted. Stir in between heating up.
- Pour about 1 tbsp of chocolate into 6 of the muffin cups.
- Roll cookie dough into 1/2 inch balls and place atop dollop of chocolate.
- Spoon 3 tbsp of chocolate on top of cookie dough balls.
- Next, roll cookie dough, flatten, and place on the bottom of the remaining 6 muffin cups.
- Add about a tsp dollop of chocolate in the middle of each.
- Roll 1.5 inch cookie dough balls and flatten atop chocolate. Drizzle each with remaining chocolate.
- Place in the freezer for at least 30 minutes.
Did you like this recipe? Pin it for later!