A round-up of eighteen healthy snacks that don’t need to be refrigerated, for anyone without access to a refrigerator during work, school, studying, and whatnot!
Being a remote employee and blogger, there isn’t much to staying fueled throughout the day. I simply walk to the kitchen. But don’t be fooled, my friend. I once experienced what it’s like to be out and about all day for work, sans refrigerator. Which can be difficult when you’ve got to pack a launch on the reg. Nobody wants a warm yogurt… the thought of that right now actually makes me nauseous.
I used to work a field sales job, which meant that my lunch would sit in my car for six hours (since I would start work at 6AM and not eat until around noon). Needless to say, I had to get a little creative. It was overnight oats for breakfast, since that was the first thing I ate and it would stay cool in the morning. Then a banana for a snack, maybe a little peanut butter pack if I was feeling fancy. A sandwich for lunch (every. day.), and a bag of pretzels or something lame. And this was all if I had time to eat (don’t get me started). I got tired of it. So, I started getting creative. I tried different muffin recipes, energy balls, you name it. Ya girl was killin’ the luke warm snack game.
So, instead of packing a little ice block in your Lululemon ‘lunch box’ (don’t think I don’t know you use your lulu bag as a lunch box… we all do it) and hoping for the best, it’s time to plan ahead, and pack snacks that will stay intact and delicious without a handy dandy refrigerator.
1. 4-Ingredient Cranberry Chocolate Energy Balls by The Blissful Balance
2. Hazelnut Espresso Energy Balls by Ana Goes Fit
3. Healthy Mocha Brownies by The Clean Eating Couple
4. Healthy Chocolate Peanut Butter Balls by A Fit Philosophy
5. Lemon Chia Seed Granola by Fooduzzi
6. Skinny Stovetop Kettle Corn by Enticing Healthy Eating
7. No-Bake Vegan Protein Bars by Burpees for Breakfast
8. Mint Chocolate Sunflower Bites by Strength and Sunshine
9. Tropical Granola by Fit Mitten Kitchen
10. 3-Ingredient Ranch Popcorn by The College Dish
11. No-Bake Peanut Butter Nutella Energy Bites by Athletic Avocado
12. Fruit and Nut Breakfast Cookies by Emma’s Little Kitchen
13. Spicy Jalapeno Almonds by The Almond Eater
14. Spiced Roasted Almonds by Little Chef Big Appetite
15. Cheesy Rosemary Truffle Popcorn by Fit Living Eats
16. Gluten-Free Peanut Butter and Jelly Squares by The Blissful Balance
17. Cranberry Almond Stovetop Granola by Food, Pleasure, and Health
18. Hemp Heart Superfood Cookies by In It for the Long Run
Join the conversation:
What snacks do you bring to work on the reg?
What are your ways to work around not having a refrigerator with your job?