Happy Trending Tuesday and happy St. Patrick’s Day! Even though I’m working from home, I AM sporting a green shirt in honor of the holiday. However, fun fact: some historians believe it was blue, not green, that was the first color associated with Patrick.
Every year, my mom whips up a delicious corned beef and cabbage dish. She has always used the pressure cooker for this meal, but this year she’s trying something different: the crock pot. I will surely let you all know how it comes out on Instagram!
This time last year, I was waking up bright and early to run in the Annual McGuire’s St. Patrick’s Day Run in Penscaola, Florida. I was working as an intern at EXOS (formerly Athlete’s Performance) and decided to run the race with a co-worker. It was my first race in over a year, and I remember it was one of the craziest races I’d run! Extremely packed, beer everywhere, and crazy costumes. So much fun!
Let’s get into what’s trending!
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 avocado (not too ripe), pitted and sliced
- 1 cup Panko or Italian bread crumbs
- 2 tbsp garlic powder
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup Garlic & Lime Salsa Verde (I use Pace)
- 2 tbsp LIGHT sour cream
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees and grease a baking sheet with olive oil or canola spray.
- Place the flour and avocado in a baggy. Shake to make sure the avocado is fully covered.
- In one bowl, whisk the eggs together, and in another, mix the bread crumbs and garlic powder.
- For each slice, dip into egg wash then into bread crumb mixture, place on baking sheet.
- For some, you may have to dip it twice into egg wash after bread crumb mixture.
- Bake for 10 minutes, flipping over halfway through. Depending on the strength of your oven, you may have to bake for longer.
- Mix together ingredients in a small bowl. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
Pin it for later!
This past Saturday, my mom and I made it to St. Pete beach for our first beach day of the season. The day could not have been more beautiful. The temperature was perfect, and thanks to a breeze, we weren’t dying of heat exhaustion like it feels like we are sometimes in the summer months. The water was too cold, which was okay because nobody was swimming, which made for gorgeous photos of a desolate ocean. We arrived at around 9:45, as we expected Spring Breakers to crowd the highways and parking lot. We were right… we were able to spend a few hours in an uncrowded beach before people began flooding in. It was perfect. We got a parking spot RIGHT in front of the paying center, bathroom, and beach entry. It may be hard to wake up early on a Saturday, but it is 100% worth it.
Latest Issue of Cooking Light
While at Publix on Sunday, I decided to pick up the latest issue of Cooking Light magazine. I have always been a fan of this magazine. Their recipes are always on the healthier side and never sacrifice flavor. After tonight’s’ corned beef and cabbage, I am on a mission to try out every recipe in the issue! Especially the cover recipe!
Don’t get me wrong, I am a major Victoria’s Secret swimsuit girl. However, I recently became aware of bikini.com, a one-stop beach bum shop. One thing I found different about this website, is that you can search for bathing suits based on your body type. Also, you can search for products “Under $100”, which I certainly do!
What’s your favorite meal or drink to enjoy on St. Patrick’s Day?
Do you have any tips for beach-going?
This post contains affiliate links. Thank you for your support.