These Peanut Butter Protein Overnight Oats are the perfect on-the-go breakfast!
Gone are the days of stopping for Starbucks or Chick-fil-A breakfast on your way to work.
I had to.
Okay, maybe that’s a stretch, but overnight oats are certainly a great option for a grab-n-go breakfast.
Sometimes there are those mornings where you wake up and either you don’t know what you want to eat, in which case your overnight oats are already waiting for you, problem solved. OR, you don’t feel like making anything, in which case your overnight oats are waiting for you, problem solved.
When I had a field sales job right out of college, I ate overnight oats every single morning. Literally.
Since I had to be at work sometimes by 6am, I would make them the night before, pack them in my lunch box (tehe) and eat them when a more acceptable time for breakfast came around, in between customer stops.
This recipe, in particular, is full of nutrients and will keep you full until lunch, without a doubt. You can even make your own additions: maybe some fruit preserves, or granola, or maybe pumpkin seeds. Whatever you want.
- ½ cup quick cooking oats (use whichever type of oats float your boat - again, had to)
- ½ cup almond milk (don't be afraid to add a little extra. the oats will soak it up!)
- 1 tbsp natural peanut butter (I use Jif!)
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- ½ banana, chopped
- 1 scoop vanilla protein powder (I use Quest Vanilla Milkshake flavor)
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- Combine ingredients in a jar and mix well.
- Place in the refrigerator overnight.
- Enjoy in the morning!
Did you like this recipe? Pin it for later!