The ultimate dessert combination, these chocolate chip cookie brownies will have you wondering how you survived before this delectable sweet.
All of my life, I have been the one in the family that counts down the days, hours, minutes and seconds until her birthday. This year, the year I turn 24, has been a bit different. Life has certainly gotten in the way. Now, it’s exactly 1 week before my birthday, and I can’t believe I’m saying this, but I forgot… Well, ok, let me slow my roll. I forgot, in comparison to years past. Usually it’s October and I’m obnoxiously stating “X DAYS TIL MY BIRTHDAY!”. This year was more like, “oh yeah my birthday is next week, wow”. Does that mean I’m an adult? Please say no.
This year, Christian and I are celebrating my 24th with a mini-vacay to Charleston, SC, of which I will be reporting on later, of course. In addition to this little trip, and birthday celebrations with my family, of course I had to do a little something on this here bloggy blog, too. That’s why I’m coming at you today with the ultimate birthday dessert, sans birthday cake.
One of my absolute favorite sweets, and I have a giant sweet tooth, is the good ole chocolate chip cookie. I am just the biggest cookie monster. That’s why, when I had the hankering for some brownies, I decided to top ’em off with some NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE chocolate chip cookie dough to take my baking to the next level. And yes, the level was reached.
This cookie dough has been my favorite since I was a little kid. It bakes so perfectly, the morsels are high quality and the milk chocolate melts in your mouth. When combined with homemade brownies, the flavors are out of this world. I may or may not be actively trying to not eat the entire batch. Not only was this the perfect dessert for me to make in celebration of my birthday, but it’s definitely a great option to bring to your next holiday party. I promise, you’ll become the cool kid instantly (even though I know you’re already pretty cool).
It’s like a Gosh darn dessert marble dream.
Oh, and I’ve got a confession to make…
These brownies aren’t your regular brownies… they’re, wait for it… black bean brownies. OKAY, BEFORE YOU WALK AWAY, they’re really effing good, so good that even my dad, the biggest advocate of gluten and general non-health foods, enjoyed them. K?
- 15oz can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 cup milk chocolate chips
- 3 tbs applesauce
- 1 egg
- 2 egg whites
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 2/3 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough
- Preheat the oven to 350 and grease an 8x8 baking dish.
- Place the black beans in a food processor and process until a paste forms. *Make sure you do not have any chunks!
- Add the chocolate chips, applesauce, egg, egg whites, and process until well-combined.
- Add the cocoa powder, sugar, vanilla and baking powder. Process again until mixed well.
- Pour into baking dish.
- Break the cookie dough into chunks and flatten the pieces a bit with your hands. Place the pieces atop the brownie mix, trying to cover the surface area.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes, or until a knife comes out clean, depending on how you like your brownies. (I like mine fudgey, so I removed them when the knife came out mostly clean).
I’ve also got a little somethin’ somethin’ going on on Instagram today. For the chance to enter/win a cash giveaway, head to my page and read the directions on my last chocolate chip cookie brownie photo! Also, since I’m feelin’ like Saint Nick and stuff, here are some coupons for you kind bakers:
• Save $0.50 when you buy one (1) Nestlé® Toll House® Refrigerated Cookie Dough
• Save $0.50 when you buy one (1) Nestlé® Toll House® Frozen Cookie Dough
• Save $0.50 when you buy one (1) Nestlé® Toll House® Morsels
***These coupons are limited and only available while supplies last! Click here to redeem.
Join the conversation:
What do you normally do to celebrate your birthday?
Are you a ‘birthday week’ kind of person?
Pin it for later!