Using muffin mix to make cookies is a surefire way to land a soft, moist texture. These Banana Ginger Snap Ice Cream Cookie Sandwiches are the perfect Summer dessert – enjoy them with natural, creamy peanut butter sandwiched in between!
Alright people. I have discovered a gem. And I’m never going back.
You know how you’re supposed to make ‘funfetti cookies’ with ‘funfetti cake’ mix? I remember the first time I’d heard about the funfetti phenomena – cake mix into cookies?! Genius. So… what else can I make into cookies? That’s basically what my life is all about. What can I make into a cookie? The question I wake up with every morning.
So, I’m back with a thing-turned-cookie recipe. Sort of like using cake mix for funfetti cookies, I’m using muffin mix! I cannot. believe. I never. did this before.
I feel like muffins are the best of all worlds, anyway. They’re cake and cupcakes and cookies all in one. Okay, maybe not cookies… but now they are because I’m basically Einstein. Despite this having been done before probably a million times. Humor me. So when you add a few things, scoop it onto a baking sheet, bake it and call it a cookie, it’s like an explosion of happiness on your taste buds. These cookies are the most moist (cringe – I know, that word is horrible, but so appropriate!) and softest cookies I’ve ever made.
Then, you add the ice cream and peanut butter. JESUS TAKE THE WHEEEEEEL!
These Ginger Snap Ice Cream Sandwich Cookies combine so many good flavors, it’s ridonkulous. Can we add that to the dictionary, Sarah Palin style?
These bad boys combine the flavors of…
And the texture combo? Fagetuhhbout it.
Cold, creamy ice cream
Smooth peanut butter
One of my favorite dessert recipes yet, for reals.
This post is sponsored by Simple Mills and New Barn. As always, the opinions, recipe, and photographs are my own. I truly believe in these products, and genuinely recommend them. Thank you for your continued support.
Ginger Snap Ice Cream Cookie Sandwiches
- 1½ box Simple Mills banana muffin mix
- ¼ cup coconut oil
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 egg (if vegan, 1 flax egg)
- ½ cup almond milk (more if needed)
- 6 tbsp New Barn ginger snap ice cream
- 6 tsp creamy, natural peanut butter
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees and prepare a baking sheet.
- Combine muffin mix, coconut oil, vanilla extract, egg and almond milk into a bowl or stand mixer. Stir until well-combined. Batter should be thick.
- Using an ice cream scoop, scoop batter onto baking sheet about two inches apart from each other. Using her hands, form each scoop into a ball and flatten a little before baking (cookies will bake in just about the exact form they are placed).
- Bake for 8-10 minutes.
- Remove cookies from oven and let cool.
- Place peanut butter then ice cream onto six cookies.
- Take six other cookies and top each like a sandwich.
Join the conversation:
What’s your favorite way to use cake or muffin mix?
What is one recipe you used a certain mix for something else and it turned out great?! (i.e. sometimes people use pancake mix for other things!)
Did you like this recipe? Pin it for later!