These Ahi Tuna Tacos are refreshing and bursting with flavor, perfect for Taco Tuesday!
A while ago, I made tuna tacos with guacamole (featured on my Instagram). They were delicious, and last night I wanted to bring them back, but added some more texture and tang. It’s one of the most flavorful, yet easiest taco recipes I’ve made!
Ingredients (Serves 2):
1 ahi tuna steak
2 Haas avocados
1 sweet onion
Fresh mild salsa (I used store brand, or you can make your own!)
Corn on the cob or frozen corn
1. Set a medium pot of water to boil. When boiling, add corn on the cob. (If using frozen corn, thaw in microwave.)
2. While corn is boiling, prepare the guacamole. Cut two avocados in half. On each half, carefully slice (without slicing through skin) each side into cubes. Then, scoop out cubes with a spoon into a small bowl.
3. Once all avocado is cubed into bowl, chop or mince (preference) 1/4 of an onion and add to avocado.
4. Add 3 tbsp of salsa and 1/4 cup of minced cilantro.
5. Use a fork to crush avocado and mix together to form whichever consistency you like. I like to include chunks of avocado.
6. Squeeze lime juice to taste.
7. When corn is finished boiling, remove and set aside. When cooled, use a knife to cut off kernels (slice lengthwise).
8. To saute onions, heat olive oil in a small pan. Add however much sliced onion you prefer and drizzle mojo over. Saute until golden or translucent.
9. While onions are sauteeing, just like in my mahi tacos recipe, you want to heat up your tortillas on a saute pan on medium heat. Heat until bubbles form or brown spots appear.
10. The last part in preparation should be the tuna. This takes about 2 minutes maximum. Season tuna with salt and pepper. Spray a small saute pan with canola spray. Saute each side for about 30 seconds.
I cut our steak in half and only seasoned and sauteed my piece because Christian prefers his completely raw and plain.
Christian decided to make a Cucumber and Corn Lime Vinaigrette. It included lime juice, garlic, olive oil, chopped cucumber, corn, cilantro and vinegar. So delicious!